The role assists Senior Management to manage legal risk in all the geographies where Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (“GULFNAV”) operates in relation to its activities in accordance with GULFNAV policies and procedures. The role holder should be able to work autonomously.
- Provides legal advice and support to the business while keeping in mind GULFNAV’s strategic and business objectives.
- Provides direction and guidance to facilitate the GULFNAV’s compliance with all applicable international and domestic laws, rules and regulations.
- Collaborates with the Legal Team to establish, disseminate and implement GULFNAV’ internal procedures and policies.
- Completes legal tasks and projects in a timely manner and responds to legal queries assigned by the Legal Team and/or Managing Director.
- Supports GULFNAV business by providing general legal oversight on legal risks associated with payment products and services.
- Supervises and is responsible for the adequate management of litigation or disputes between the business and its customers in the UAE and abroad.
- Represents GULFNAV and its subsidiaries before the notary public, court experts, courts, and the police to resolve matters in the best interest of GULFNAV.
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates contracts and other legal documents in order to maximise GULFNAV’s legal protections whilst simultaneously minimising legal risks.
- Produces and regularly updates standardised legal agreements, contracts and standard terms and conditions for GULFNAV in compliance with international best practices and applicable legal requirements.
- Draft lawsuits and commentaries for legal cases within different legal counters (Bilingual).
- Draft and revise prospectus, resolutions and agreements in order to meet the Company’s requirements. (Bilingual).
- Draft, review and/or revise various Company documents and participate in complex legal project and manage the relationship of the Company with a third-party legal partner. (Bilingual)
- Draft pleadings, motions and appellate documents and follow up on filing them with the court.
- Assists the business in launching new services and conducts legal and regulatory due diligence on such services, including identifying risks and mitigants in all applicable geographies.
Knowledge of External Environment
- Stays abreast of new laws and regulations through continuous legal education, attending professional conferences, and participating in professional associations.
- Provides updates to the GULFNAV’s senior management on new legislation and regulatory developments that may have an impact on GULFNAV and advises on how to comply with such new legislation and regulations.
- Works closely and develops a positive professional relationship with the other members of the legal function and shares legal knowledge and best practices with legal colleagues.
- Liaises with external law firms and relevant authorities (such as courts) to ensure the effective resolution of all legal matters affecting GULFNAV.
- Ensures that all requisite reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner, and meet GULFNAV’ requirements, policies, and standards.
Job Specific Skills
- Excellent command over English and Arabic communication.
- Attention to details.
- Knowledge of latest legal trends of banking industry.
- High degree of emotional balance, independence, initiative and decisiveness.
- Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Good computer knowledge, MS Office and database expertise
- Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Hold a current practicing certificate.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in law;
- Strong Arabic and English communication and drafting skills
- Ability to read, write and communicate in Arabic is a must.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience of practicing law in an in-house legal department &/or a law firm, with at least 2 years in a similar role.
- Experience in Litigation is a must.
- Familiarity with UAE laws and regulations is a must.
- Familiarity with Shipping Sector is a plus.
Generic Skills Requirements
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices etc.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Please Email your to CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by specifying “Legal Advisor “ in the subject.